The August results keep the German
luxury automaker on track to set a vehicle sales record in the
Overall, Audi sold 9,182 luxury cars and SUVs in August 2010, topping the previous August record of 8,057 vehicles sold in August 2009. Additionally, the automaker posted steady quarter-to-quarter sales increases of more than 5% and nearly 15% over June 2010 and July 2010, respectively.
The August 2010 results were buoyed by the continued extraordinary consumer response by year-over-year sales increases for the Audi Q5 crossover and Audi Q7. For the month, Audi sold 2,675 Q5 vehicles, a 78.8% increase over the 1,496 vehicles sold in August 2009. The Q5 line also enjoyed more than a 25% August 2010 sales jump over July 2010. For August 2010, Audi reported Q7 sales of 560, a 42.1% increase above the 394 vehicles sold a year earlier.
Through the first two months of the second half of this year, Audi has enjoyed significant sales growth. That gain is largely bolstered by continued consumer demand for the Audi A3, which recorded both a 17.7% uptick in sales for August 2010 and 74.8% calendar year to date.
"Audi is in a desirable position in
the luxury vehicle market as we continue to post strong
Audi sales highlights - August 2010
· August 2010 ranks as the best August in Audi of America history.
sales continue on track to set a
· Five fastest growing Audi U.S. markets in August: Washington, up 60%; Miami, up 55%; Northwest U.S., up 44%; Texas, up 43%, and Northern California, up 33%.
Audi Q5 and Audi Q7 August sales and news notes
· Audi Q5 sales in August set an all-time record
· Audi Q5 sales up 78.8% for August and 74.7% CYTD; Audi Q7 sales up 42.1% for August, down 4.4% CYTD, due to tight inventories.
Audi A3 and Audi A6 August sales and news notes
· The Audi A6 luxury sedan continued sales resurgence: up 29.2% in August; up 30% CYTD.
· Audi A3 sales rose 17.7% in August; up 74.8% CYTD.
Audi TDI August sales and news notes
· Audi Q7 TDI accounted for 66% of all Q7 August sales.
· Audi A3 TDI August sales mix of 60% increases 14 percentage points over July 2010.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales and news notes
· August 2010 CPO sales fell 6.1% to 2,479 Audi vehicles from 2,640 a year earlier.
· Audi CPO sales CYTD were off 11.4%to 18,750 vehicles from 21,172 a year earlier.
Audi of America, Inc.
and its 272